Top 10 Traveler Tips
1. Read helpful brochure, "Know Before You Go,"
before traveling. www.cbp.gov unde the Travel section.
2. Understand that CBP officers can inspect you and your
belongings without a warrant.
3. Don't bring any food, live birds, bird products into the
U.S. without first checking to see if it is permitted.
4. Don't bring any Cuban-made products into the U.S.
5. Be aware that many foreign-made medications are
not FDA-approved, and you cannot bring them into
the U.S. Bring only the amount of medication you'll
need during the trip.
6. Know the difference between prohibited merchandise
(such as ivory, counterfeit items) and restricted
7. Know that things bought abroad for personal use or
as gifts are eligible for duty exemptions. They are
not for resale.
8. Be cautious when buying something from a street
vendor, it may be counterfeit and/or unsafe.
9. Declare everything you are bringing in from abroad,
even if you bought it in a duty-free shop. This
merchandise is also subject to U.S. duty fees and
10.Visit www.travel.state.gov for destination information
and have all the required travel documents.